Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ode to Munchiez

Okay so I know I've already mentioned Munchiez on here at least once, and I know it doesn't have a great reputation (mainly because of the artery-clogging- heart-attack-inducing- insane-level-of-calories in their food), but I'm sorry, it's just so good. Unlike Simon's and Tony and Tina's which seem to have sporadic hours and, in the case of Simon's, a sporadic menu, Munchiez is always open when you want it (AKA after spending a night at tri-bar). Not only is Munchiez always open, but in recent weeks it's been almost as packed as Pugsley's. I will take this as a sign that others are catching on to the beauty that is Munchiez. Another Munchiez plus is the staff. Vlad and Pat are patient, nice and clearly geniuses for dreaming this place up. 

As I've already mentioned, the mac and cheese bites are by far the best that Munchiez has to offer. My roommate Mary introduced me to the Munchiez gyro and I was pleasantly surprised. Although it is not authentic "street meat," it tasted just as delicious and I'm assuming the kitchen is a bit cleaner than street meat carts so that's a bonus. I'm also a big fan of the Skinny Bitch (chicken, bacon, cheese, tomato, mayo, lettuce in a wrap)  and the Skinny Cheerleader (chicken, bacon, avocado, chipotle sauce, lettuce and tomato in a wrap). 

I can't say that I've tried one of the sandwiches that Munchiez is known for, such as the Fat Munchiez (chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks, french fries, lettuce, tomato and honey mustard) or the Fat Drunk (cheese steak, chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks, french fries, BBQ sauce lettuce and tomato), but last night a fellow Munchiez patron recommended the Fat Yankee, which involves the beloved mac and cheese bites, so I'm sure I'll be trying that soon. Also on my list is the quesadilla, a milkshake and Munchiez fries.

With so much delicious fried food left to try and only a few months left to try it, you better believe I'll be stepping up my Munchiez game and going there even more than I already do.

3 comments:

  1. My mouth started watering in class. Are you telling me that theres a sandwich that includes our beloved FM&C bites? You should also blog about the combo meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Mac and Cheese bites are my guilty pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Munchiez is the best for ALWAYS being open...I live for nightss after the bars when I can call up and literally order a Fat Blunt.

    ReplyDelete